Terelj National Park is a picturesque place of high granite cliffs that were eroded by natural forces creating a wonderful landscape of granite tors as if sculpted by some giant sculptor. Terelj is only 60-70 km east of Ulaanbaatar.Terelj National Park was established in 1993 and covers an area of 2932 square km in the southern Khan Khentii Mountain Range. This park has a landscape of transition from Siberian taiga forest to grass steppe. Most visited places in the park are Turtle Rock formation and Aryabal Meditation Temple. To cater for visitors, there are tourist ger camps set up in the national style.
Ulaanbaatar – Terelj National Park - Ulaanbaatar.
- We will drive east to beautiful Terelj National Park over 70 km.
- Visit Turtle Rock formation the symbol of the national park.
- Visit a local nomadic family and have a Mongolian meal for lunch. (Lunch)
- Enjoy horseback riding in the beautiful park.
- Visit the gorgeous “Aryabal” meditation temple where you can enjoy the best view of the park.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city.
Duration: 1 day
Group Size: min 1-2, max 6 (big groups are available)
Included in the price:
• Experienced driver and car with fuel
• English speaking tour guide
• Entrance fees for museums & protected areas
• We provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per person, daily
Excluded in the price:
• Alcoholic drinks
• Personal items
• Extra and optional activities’ cost
• Travel insurance
• International airfare