Terelj National Park is a picturesque place of high granite cliffs that were eroded by natural forces creating a wonderful landscape of granite tors as if sculpted by some giant sculptor. Terelj is only 60-70 km east of Ulaanbaatar.Terelj National Park was established in 1993 and covers an area of 2932 square km in the southern Khan Khentii Mountain Range. This park has a landscape of transition from Siberian taiga forest to grass steppe. Most visited places in the park are Turtle Rock formation and Aryabal Meditation Temple.
• Visit the Turtle Rock formation the symbol of the national park.
• Visit a local nomadic family and have lunch there.
• After lunch visit to the gorgeous “Aryabal” meditation temple where you can enjoy the best view of the park.
• Then continue driving to Chinggis Khaan’s Statue complex. Visit Chinggis King’s Statue and enjoy the view of the surrounding area from the open balcony on Chinggis Khaan’s horse’s head.
• Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city
Duration: 1 day
Activities: horse riding and hiking
Group Size: min 1-2, max 6 (big groups are available)
Included in the price:
• Experienced driver and car with fuel
• English speaking tour guide
• Entrance fees for museums & protected areas
• We provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per person, daily
Excluded in the price:
• Alcoholic drinks
• Personal items
• Extra and optional activities’ cost
• Travel insurance
• International airfare