Terelj National Park is a picturesque place of high granite cliffs that were eroded by natural forces creating a wonderful landscape of granite tors as if sculpted by some giant sculptor. Terelj is only 60-70 km east of Ulaanbaatar.Terelj National Park was established in 1993 and covers an area of 2932 square km in the southern Khan Khentii Mountain Range. This park has a landscape of transition from Siberian taiga forest to grass steppe. Most visited places in the park are Turtle Rock formation and Aryabal Meditation Temple.
Chinggis Khaan Statue complex is located in “Tsonjin Boldog”, a historical place where Chinggis Khaan found his golden whip. The statue was created as a memorial to the Man of the Millennium “Chinggis Khaan”. The 40 meter high stainless steel statue of Chinggis Khaan on the horseback is the largest of its kind in the world. Visitors can climb to the top of the horse’s head and have a farseeing and panoramic view over the complex area.
The 13th Century Theme Park is the only place you can visit the old time micro kingdom of the 13th Century and experience the genuine way of living and working during that time. Park visitors can enjoy craftsmen art work, Mongolian calligraphy, learn to write Mongolia traditional scripts, try on traditional Mongolian clothes, ride a horse and a camel and take a lot of unforgettable pictures.
Day 1. Terelj National Park – Nomadic Family.
• In the morning we will drive east to the Turtle Rock formation the symbol of the national park.
• Then visit a local nomadic family and have lunch there.
• After lunch we will visit the gorgeous “Aryabal” meditation temple where you can enjoy the best view of the park.
• Nice hiking and horse riding around there. (Ger camp/ L, D)
Day 2. Chinggis Khaan Statue – “The 13th Century” Theme Park.
• After breakfast we drive to Chinggis Khaan’s Statue complex.
• Visit Chinggis Khaan’s Statue and enjoy the view of the surrounding area and nature beauty from the open balcony on Chinggis Khaan’s horse’s head.
• Continue driving to the13th Century Theme Park.
• Visit relay-station, craftsmen, educational, herder’s and Shamans’ camps, plus the Great Khaan’s Palace Ger. All camps are open to you and possible to experience.
• Enjoy playing traditional games, writing your name in Mongolian calligraphy, dressing in traditional Mongolian clothes and taking great pictures of your experience for a lifetime of memories and camel riding.
• Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city. (B, L)
Itinerary: Terelj NP- Chinggis Khaan Statue - the 13th Century Theme Park
Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
Activities: Horse & camel riding & hiking
Group Size: min 1-2, max 6 (big groups are available)
Included in the price:
• Experienced driver and car with fuel
• English speaking tour guide /cook
• Entrance fees for museums & protected areas
• All meals (B.L.D)
• We provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per person, daily
• Horse and camel riding /optional/
Excluded in the price:
• Alcoholic drinks
• Personal items
• Extra and optional activities’ cost
• Travel insurance
• International airfare